One of the keys to keeping off-leash play safe is learning to screen the dogs properly BEFORE you take off the leash. For the first time, Susan Briggs and I are offering an online course to help you learn how to create a formal process to evaluate dogs for off-leash play at dog daycare. This is a self-paced course that allows you to learn from the convenience of your home or office, interact with other students online, and talk with Susan and me on a live call each week. If you are going to offer dog daycare services, start by evaluating the dogs properly!
The Dog Evaluations 301 course was designed to take you step-by-step through creating a dog evaluation policy and understanding how to screen dogs for daycare. Take this 3-week online course which offers a flexible, self-paced, format. Watch the material anytime during the course! Class is taught by Susan Briggs and Robin Bennett (The Dog Gurus). Starts Dec 2. $99.
Once you complete the course you will:
- Gain confidence that dogs admitted to playgroups are suitable to your environment
- Get the information you really need from the client prior to the evaluation appointment
- Know your evaluation process is consistent regardless of who leads it or the applicant dog being assessed
- Communicate dog behavior information and evaluation results clearly to clients even when you must deliver bad news
- Ensure your groups are comprised of dogs that enjoy off-leash play and assigned to the right playgroups
Prerequisite: Basic dog language and group play knowledge
Audience: This course is designed for experienced people that have responsibility for performing dog evaluations for social playgroups.